Thursday, August 6, 2009

What is This Fruit?




I bought this yesterday from a couple of hombres selling fruit on the street. I'm sure he told me what it was in Spanish, but I can not for the life of me find out what it is! I've googled every possible term to no avail. It is small and green, with a large pit on the inside. There is very little fruit on it and what fruit there is is soft, light pink and sweet/sour. If any one has any idea, I would appreciate it! Oh, and the fruit man gave me a bag of chile spiced salt to eat it with.

3 comments:

sleepwalker said...

guaya.

Marci Larsen said...

You are right! I just made someone write it down for me and they spelled it "huaya", but it's also on wiki as mamoncillo. Well done Cesar!

style-for-style said...

mamones in south america. related to the lychee